Expert AC Maintenance in Plano
Keeping Your AC Operating at Peak Performance
Your air conditioner works hard to keep you comfortable. In fact, it’s the hardest working appliance in your home. That’s why it needs routine maintenance to keep it functioning reliably. An annual inspection of your cooling equipment helps prevent breakdowns, which is the last thing you want in the middle of scorching Texas summer.
To schedule your Plano AC maintenance service, call 1st Class Heat & Air, Inc now at (972) 846-8819.
How to Tell if Your AC Needs Maintenance
When an air conditioner fails, it rarely happens suddenly and without warning. Before an air conditioner quits working, it typically exhibits symptoms suggesting that it’s heading towards a breakdown.
Watch for these red flags that your central air system could use a tune-up:
- It doesn’t cool like it used to: If your AC isn’t delivering the same level of comfort, it may have a clogged air filter, refrigerant leak or a blocked condenser.
- It’s driving up your energy bill: A sluggish air conditioner uses more power, increasing your cooling costs.
- It’s loud: Rattling, clanging and screeching noises indicate a mechanical malfunction.
- It’s short cycling: When your AC delivers short bursts of air, that’s called short cycling and it usually indicates a clogged filter, frozen evaporator coils or an electrical problem.
An annual tune-up will take care of all these issues as well as any other complications your technician identifies during the inspection process.
What Happens During an AC Maintenance Visit?
Your AC is a complicated machine with many moving parts. During a maintenance inspection, your technicians will work from an exhaustive checklist to make certain each component is in working order.
- Examining system’s condition
- Gauging airflow
- Checking condensate drain
- Calibrating the thermostat
- Replacing the air filter
- Cleaning condenser coils
- Measuring refrigerant pressure
When Should You Schedule an AC Tune-Up?
There is no bad time to schedule a maintenance inspection for your cooling equipment. However, we recommend setting your appointment in the spring or early summer to ensure that it’s primed for the hot season ahead. A pre-season tune-up will catch minor issues before they become major obstacles to your comfort.
Benefits of AC Maintenance
Rejuvenating your AC gives you peace of mind that it will run efficiently all summer long. That means enhanced comfort and a lower energy bill. Annual tune-ups also prolong your air conditioner’s lifespan and help validate its current or extended warranty.
Our skilled and experienced HVAC technicians know just what it takes to keep your AC running at peak efficiency. To ensure your air conditioner is up to the challenge of providing consistent cooling comfort throughout the long, hot summer, turn to the pros at 1st Class Heat & Air, Inc