Plano Heat Pump Installation
Quality Heat Pump Installation, Repair & Service
Heat pumps are a versatile, affordable home comfort solution that provide both heating and cooling. During the summers, the heat pumps can act as high-efficiency air conditioners. In winters, they function as an effective heat source. Heat pumps run on electricity, which raises many brows on the fact that it may consume a lot of energy. Surprisingly, they do not! The heat pump can either function with your ductwork or without it. In Plano, 1st Class Heat & Air is your local heat pump expert!
Interested in new heat pump installation? Looking for a local HVAC company to repair your heat pump? Call 1st Class Heat & Air now at (972) 846-8819 or fill out our online form to request an appointment.
How Does the Air Source Heat Pump Work?
If you haven’t yet seen the air source heat pump and do not understand what it is, take a look at your refrigerator. It is the most common example of the heat pump. The refrigerator extracts heat from anything that is stored in it, and the heat is eventually transferred to the pump and out of the coil on the bottom. This circulation of air within the system helps to keep everything that is stored in the fridge, fresh. Also, it is due to this reason that sometimes you may observe heat air around the house.
Heat pumps are similar to the refrigerators. It extracts the warm air of the house during summers and then pushes it out to keep the system and house cool. These heat pumps are also similar to air conditioners, which have a compressor and use refrigerants that circulate the air through heat exchangers. It also connects to the thermostat similarly.
Why Should You Get a Heat Pump?
The air source heat pump can serve different purposes each designed to meet the specific requirements. All of them have certain benefits, each of which is designed to meet the excessive heat. Some of the prominent reasons why you should be installing heat pumps in the house include:
- They are eco-friendly - The seasonal energy efficiency ratio in heat pumps is very high. This makes them effectively safe for the environment. They do not need any fossil fuels to keep them running. As a result, they have been considered to be friendly for the environment since there is no carbon footprint. Their coefficient of performance is high too, which makes them better than the electric resistance heaters.
- Minimal maintenance - Heat pumps require very minimal maintenance. All you need to do is appoint a premium cleaner who can help you maintain the heat pump. You may call for maintenance once in a year to ensure that it is working properly.
- Two in One - This is one of the best advantages of having heat pumps because for the one you are getting two systems. Not only do you get an air conditioner, but you also get a heater that can be functional for spring and fall.
- They are long-lasting - It is rightly said that if you maintain anything properly, they will last long. But in case of heat pumps, this is exceptionally true, for if you take care of your heat pump, they may last for more than 15-20 years. They are very easy to install. However, you need to hire experts to install the system and avoid any inconvenience.
How to Use a Heat Pump to Save Money
A heat pump can help you save money effectively if you apply the right techniques. They play an important role in lowering the overall electricity bill expenses. Some of the prominent ways through which heat pump can help you save money include the following:
- Get a programmable thermostat - Once you get the programmable thermostat, you should shut it down during the night time so that you can save money and energy. This, however, entirely depends on how the weather is. You may adjust the temperature by about 6 to 8 degrees for a comfortable time. Moreover, this will help in reducing the electricity bills as well.
- Avoid emergency heat - Many people prefer using emergency heat to have a comfortable time and set the thermostat accordingly. However, using it is okay but then forgetting it may cause an excessive problem. The heat pump will work better if you do not use an emergency. Apart from using emergency heat, you should prefer using supplemental heat.
For fast, reliable heat pump repair, service, installation, or sales in Plano, contact the professionals at 1st Class Heat & Air. Call us today at (972) 846-8819.